The Provision on the Department of Macroeconomic Policy is approved by Order No. 151 of the Chairman of the Board of Eurasian Economic Commission dated May 29, 2012.
The Department includes 31 staff members.
The Agreement on the Agreed Macroeconomic Policy dated December 9, 2010 is the basic document that defines the objectives and activities of the Department.
The following are the main objectives of the Department:
1) coordination of macroeconomic stability and economic development of the Member States of the SES;
2) facilitation of development of the agreed macroeconomic policy based on the unified principles;
3) support of effective cooperation between the Member States of the SES in the area of macroeconomic policy;
4) performance of regulatory duties of the Commission in the area of macroeconomic policy;
5) cooperation with international organizations and authorities to ensure the international activity of the Commission in the area of macroeconomic policy.
According to its objectives, the Department shall perform the following duties:
1. Monitor compliance with the Agreement on the Agreed Macroeconomic Policy.
2. Prepare economic surveys.
3. Conduct economic forecasts.
4. Carry out researches.
5. Support operation of the Consultive Committee for Macroeconomic Policy.
The Department consists of the following three Divisions:
– Division of Methodology and Analysis;
– Division of Cooperation during Conduction of the Agreed Macroeconomic Policy;
– Division of Economic Policy Strategies.
Brief information about departments
The methodology and analysis department resolves the following tasks:
1) it performs monitoring of economic state and prospect of economics development, including the issues of the monetary, crediting and budgetary policies and other issues of the state policy in the sphere of social and economic development;
2) it conducts forecasts of indices of social and economic development of economics of the member-states of SIS;
3) it prepares reports, reviews, references, substantiations and other analytical and presentation materials for the issues of the current and perspective issues of the economy;
4) it determines the principles and parameters for forming the national forecasts of social and economic development, pursue by the member-states of the Single Economic Space of the Agreed Macroeconomic Policy;
5) it consults other departments of the Commission for the issues of macroeconomic policy.
During performance of the Agreed Macroeconomic Policy the cooperation department shall resolve the following tasks:
1) it coordinates implementation of agreements for the issues of macroeconomic policy by the member states;
2) it coordinates development of documents in accordance with these agreements, as well as it directly works out these documents;
3) it regulates reflection of standards of agreements in the national legislation of the member states;
4) it works out drafts decisions of the Commissions for the issues of macroeconomic policy, and prepears conclusion in relation to draft inter-state agreements and contracts;
5) it conducts reports, reviews, references, substantiations and other analytical and presentation materials for the issues of the of sales of documents in the sphere of the agreed macroeconomic policy;
6) it analyzes dynamic of indices of stability of economic development of the member states and other parameters, stipulated in inter-state agreements and contracts, it prepares proposals for measures of response during revealing the negative amendments;
7) it organizes and provides the methodical guidance of the work of consulting bodies for the issues of macroeconomic policy.
The department of the economic policy strategies resolves the following tasks:
1) it performs the analysis of official forecasts (programs, plans) of development of economy and its spheres, it prepares conclusions for the documents with the aim of implementation of the Commission's power;
2) it conducts proposals for formation of the system of strategic goals of economic development within the Common Free Market Zone, agreed actions for its achievement;
3) it works out proposals for improvement of the international standardization legal basis in the sphere of strategic goal setting, its implementation to the national legislation;
4) it coordinates development and works out strategic documents in the sphere of economic development within the frameworks of authorities of the Commission;
5) it prepares reports, reviews, references, substantiations and other analytical and presentation materials for the issues of strategic goal setting.