The Heads of Governments of the Eurasian Economic Union countries considered 23 issues at the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council’s meeting held on October 20-21 in Yerevan (the Republic of Armenia) in a face-to-face format.
Prime Ministers of the EAEU countries have developed coordinated approaches on the sources and mechanism of concessional financing of industrial cooperation at the expense of the additionally formed budget of the Union.
Following the results of the EIC, Chairman of the EEC Board Mikhail Myasnikovich noted at a media scrum that industrial cooperation is not just a mutual supply of raw materials, components and intermediate goods, but this involves joint integration projects.
"In this situation, financing sources are also planned, which will be used to subsidize interest rates on loans determined for business communities for the implementation of these projects. This is actually a new page of our integration. This issue will be submitted to a meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council so that the Commission, together with governments, would be able to allocate certain amounts to support cooperation projects. We are talking about 10% deductions from anti-dumping and other protective duties that are formed in the EAEU. Annually, this amount is from 190 to 230 million US dollars, and 10% of these deductions can be directed to support projects by reducing the cost, subsidizing interest rates, which should not exceed the key rate," Mikhail Myasnikovich said.
The Eurasian Intergovernmental Council examined a report on joint import substitution projects implemented by the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union. 25 projects were implemented in the EAEU in the automotive industry, machine tool building, electrical engineering and a number of other industries in 2021-2022.
The Heads of Governments of the EAEU countries approved a report on the results of the annual monitoring and analysis of the implementation of the Main Directions for Industrial Cooperation (MDIC) within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The Eurasian Intergovernmental Council adopted a disposition according to which companies of interested EAEU countries will have access to the Russian Industrial Zone in the Arab Republic of Egypt on equal terms with Russian business, including access to the created infrastructure and other working conditions.
The Eurasian Intergovernmental Council instructed the Eurasian Economic Commission, together with the governments of the EAEU countries, to ensure the implementation of the roadmap as part of the climate agenda.
The Heads of Governments of the EAEU countries instructed the governments to consider the possibility of participation of accreditation bodies in the Regional Accrediting Organization (RAO) and assist the authorized bodies of the parties in resolving organizational and financial issues related to its creation and functioning.
The Eurasian Intergovernmental Council instructed to conduct an experiment on the use of electronic navigation seals in the transportation of goods by rail and road transport in mutual trade between the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic.
The next meeting of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council will be held on February 2-3, 2023 in Almaty (the Republic of Kazakhstan).
The meeting was attended by Akylbek Zhaparov, Chairman of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council, Chairman of the Cabinet Council - Head of the Administration of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, Nikol Pashinyan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia, Roman Golovchenko, Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus, Alikhan Smailov, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Mikhail Mishustin, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, and Mikhail Myasnikovich, Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission. From representatives of the Observer States at the EAEU - Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Abdulla Aripov and Prime Minister of the Republic of Cuba Manuel Marrero Cruz (in the format of a video message).
Documents signed following the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council's meeting
- Disposition "On the situation to remove obstacles in the domestic market of the Eurasian Economic Union".
- Disposition "On conducting an experiment to test the use of navigation seals in the transportation of goods by rail and/or road modes of transport between the territories of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation using electronic navigation seals".
- Disposition "On the functioning of the Russian Industrial Zone in the Economic Zone of the Suez Canal in the Arab Republic of Egypt".
- Decision "On the draft decision of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
"On the approval of the Target Program for the Development of the Integrated Information System of the Eurasian Economic Union until 2027"".
- Disposition "On the state of mutual trade between Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union in 2021".
- Disposition "On the results of annual monitoring and analysis of the implementation of the Main Directions of Industrial Cooperation within the Eurasian Economic Union".
- Disposition "On the transfer and distribution of import customs duties between the budgets of the Eurasian Economic Union Member States in 2021".
- Disposition "On the time and venue of holding the meeting of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council".