1) Prepares materials and draft acts of the Union's governing bodies on internal markets functioning (including proposals on the conclusion and amendment of international treaties) for consideration at the sessions of the Union's governing bodies.
2) Prepares draft decisions on the notification of the Union Member States
about the fulfillment of obligations as part of the Union's internal market functioning for consideration at the meetings of the Commission's Board and monitors the Member States' measures aimed at implementing decisions on notification and removing barriers.
3) Prepares opinions on the presence or absence of signs of obstacles in the Union's internal market in cooperation with the Union Member States, the Commission's structural subdivisions, the Business Council of the Union, business communities of the Union Member States, and other interested persons.
4) Prepares quarterly reports on the progress of work on removing barriers by the Union Member States as part of the Union's internal market functioning for consideration at the sessions of the Union's governing bodies.
5) Prepares annual reports and other information materials on removing barriers as part of the Union's internal market functioning for consideration at the sessions of the Union's governing bodies.
6) Prepares materials for the consideration at the meetings of the Commission's Board of agenda items on applying to the Court of the Union with a request for the clarification of the Treaty provisions to obtain the advisory opinion of the Court of the Union.
7) Works to improve the Treaty provisions in terms of removing obstacles as part of the Union's internal market functioning; participates in industry meetings on the preparation of proposals on making amendments to the Treaty.
8) Holds consultations on removing barriers in the Union's internal market with state authorities and the interested structural subdivisions of the Commission.
9) Develops principles, methods, rules, and mechanisms, as well as forms a regulatory framework for the settlement of disputes (mediation) arising from ensuring internal markets functioning and from identifying any specific facts (cases) of barriers.
10) Prepares proposals for removing barriers, exceptions and restrictions identified (recorded) by interested persons and/or the media, as well as proposals aimed at the harmonization of the Member States' legislation and/or the improvement of law enforcement practice in the Member States.
11) Prepares materials for the settlement of disputes in the pretrial order by means of consultations and negotiations, as well as by other means provided for by the Treaty and international treaties within the Union.
12) Interacts with the Commission’s structural subdivisions and the state authorities of the Member States on issues within the Section’s jurisdiction.
13) Participates in the organization and work of conferences, seminars and other events on issues within the Section’s jurisdiction.
14) Prepares analytical and reference materials for consideration by the Members of the Commission's Board and the Commission's Council.
15) Ensures information sharing with interested persons about removing barriers.
16) Organizes the maintenance of the regulatory and reference information related to the Section's functions, including by publishing/updating "cases" on the information portal "Internal Markets Functioning in the Eurasian Economic Union".
17) Performs other functions within its jurisdiction.