The document determining the strategic directions for developing Eurasian economic integration until 2025 and disclosing specific mechanisms and measures for implementing the Declaration on Further Development of Integration Processes within the EAEU (the Strategy) was prepared by the EEC jointly with the governments of the Member States in accordance with Disposition No. 9 of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council dated December 6, 2018, and approved by Decision No. 12 of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council dated December 11, 2020.
The Strategy includes general (conceptual) provisions and a list of more than 300 measures and mechanisms grouped into 11 system blocks by directions of the EAEU activities.
The implementation of the Strategy will lead to achieving the following integration results by 2025:
1. Complete formation of the common market for goods, services, capital and labor;
2. Improved efficiency of regulating the EAEU common market;
3. Transfer to a qualitatively higher level of customs regulation and administration;
4. Ensuring of quality and safety guarantees for goods;
5. Formation of the EAEU digital space;
6. Creation of mechanisms for targeted assistance to economic development;
7. Building of a management system for joint cooperation projects and development of high-performance sectors;
8. Promotion of scientific and technological progress;
9. Improved efficiency of the EAEU institutions;
10. Deployment of cooperation mechanisms in the field of education, health, tourism and sports;
11. Positioning of the EAEU as one of the most significant development centers of the modern world.
Therefore, full-scale implementation of the Strategy implies building up new forms of collaboration between the Union's governing bodies, including the Commission, and the national governments of the EAEU Member States, deploying a strategic planning system, developing new areas of integration, and raising the efficiency of technical and customs regulation, etc.