The technical regulation covers poultry slaughtering products and poultry meat products and establishes unified terminology, rules for identifying, safety requirements, requirements to production, storage, transportation processes, sales, disposal and labelling. The document was developed by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation.
Conformity assessment for poultry slaughtering products is established in the form of veterinary and sanitary examination; for poultry meat products – as declaration of conformity; for poultry meat products for child nutrition – as state registration.
In order to eliminate barriers for free circulation of poultry meat and products of its processing within the Union, the technical regulation establishes certain requirements, in particular:
- maximum permissible residual levels of 50 veterinary medicines in poultry slaughtering products;
- ban on introducing water and food additives (including phosphates) into unprocessed poultry meat products;
- standard content of moisture draining from thawed poultry meat (no more than 4%);
- ban on using a range of food additives (including preservatives and flavor intensifiers) and food raw materials having GMOs and pesticides in them in poultry products for child nutrition;
- permissible deviations in nutritional value (protein, fat, carbohydrates, energy value) from the actual values indicated on the labelling;
- if used, indicating water, regardless of the addition method, and mechanically separated meat in the labelling of processed poultry meat.
The regulation postpones enforcement of the item controlling the standard content of moisture draining from chilled poultry meat during storage until the relevant standard is developed and included on the lists of standards. Also, changes to the technical regulation are envisaged providing for the classification of all poultry product types into meat and meat-containing groups.
The Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union On Safety of Poultry Meat and Its Processed Products" (TR EAEU 051/2021) was adopted by the Decision of the EEC Council No. 110 dated October 29, 2021.
The Decision No. 188 of the EEC Board dated November 29, 2022 approves the lists of standards for TR EAEU 051/2021, the Decision No. 65 of the EEC Board dated April 19, 2022 establishes transitional provisions of TR EAEU 051/2021 until June 30, 2024.